We came across a short documentary of a 9-year-old boy that saved the life of his dad by administering first aid to him when he choked over food at home.
In the documentary, the boy shared that he had learnt about First Aid in the school and that was what gave him the confidence to help his dad when he choked.
What would have been a tragedy was averted because of the boy’s knowledge of First Aid.
This goes to show that the safety knowledge or experiences imparted into children can be the only lifesaving option in some emergency situations.
Is it not interesting to know that 70% of school’s population is made up of children, yet the safety awareness of these children is close to zero?
Schools cannot exist if there are no students. In fact, the more the students in a school, the higher the threat to life and property.
Therefore, to achieve a safe and conducive environment for work and for learning, it is very important to engage students/children in school safety.
School safety is defined as schools and school-related activities where students are safe from violence, bullying, harassment, theft, kidnap, and substance use.
The involvement of students and children in school safety is a way of inculcating necessary safety culture into the children at least based on their level of understanding.
How can you involve children in Safety?
- Introduce safety activities in the school such as, fire drill, intruder drill, etc.
- Teach them safety signs and symbols: develop an interesting way of communicating safety to the children by using diagrams, pictures, games & videos as an aid.
- Test the children regularly on their safety knowledge.
- Show them the emergency exits within the school premises.
- Train children on basic First Aid Skills. Many times, when emergencies occur in schools the children are the first to witness it.
- Get them acquainted with child safety policy.
We offer a range of educational courses and products for children. Some of which are:
- Basic first aid
- Safety at home and in public places
- Stranger safety
- Road safety
- Hygiene and handwashing
- Sexual health and puberty
- Acceptable behaviour in school
And much more…
Do you want to know more about our programs for students, Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or Call/Text /WhatsApp +2348038833654
Did you find this post helpful? Please share